Friday 23 May 2014

*wipes dust off the blog and sits down*

Phew! So, for the past fortnight (yeah, it's been longer since I updated, sorry!) I've been going non-stop. I have been writing my next Supernatural recap when I grab five minutes, but … five minutes is a hot commodity sometimes. But it's my first day off-off so hey. Hey! How're you? How've you been? Yeah, I'm still blogging!

Lydia mentioned I hadn't yet recapped the convention, which took place last week. I - surprisingly - have a lot to say on the subject. So in the next few weeks, I will be creating a series of blogs with individual themes based on my experience of the con. I have that much to say! I might also link the actors into the ones that reference them via twitter (and if you followed those links, thank you, actors!) so please bear with me. I also have a LOT of writing projects on. Like the Christmas anthology for the writer's group and my WIP (must do some!) and my fanfics. The con lot keep distracting me (but I love them anyway!)

I just wanted you all to know I'm still alive and kicking! I haven't even done my May photo for herbalife yet :( last progress was 11 stone 10 pounds, so that's 19 pounds dropped so far! Woo! Still have 24 pounds to go, but I'm nearly halfway there!

In other news, I bumped into one of my high school crowd yesterday, her boyfriend was trying on a suit and she came over to look for shoes. Crazy! Even crazier, she works in head office! So, my old high school buddy is a little bit my boss, sort of. Was good to catch up! I thought most of our old crowd were still in the midlands, and only a few came back but apparently most of them are local so a meet up needs to happen!

And I bumped into someone who still works in McDonald's today, was good to catch up with her too. That branch sounds even worse, if that's even possible. I didn't think it was, but … I'm so glad I'm out of there! She's applying for a new business that's starting up locally, and I hope she gets it. It sounds like they can't keep anyone there, and it's not because the staff are bad people, but it's a tough job at the best of times and throw on the way management lean on staff on top … yeah. It's pretty much Hell on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment