Sunday 28 July 2013

Laryngitis.

Oooh, I know, sexy title.

I have laryngitis, and bronchitis (because I am just that lucky!) and I've had both since Wednesday.

They can both fuck right off.

I hate having laryngitis, everyone takes the piss and goes 'oh, she can't say anything, so that makes it okay' ... newsflash dumbasses, both my brain and my ears still work. You've made the list. You don't want to make my list.

I had to have a go at someone last night, I stayed on as a favour and he was taking the piss and acting like because I had to scream to make a sound, I wasn't saying anything and he could be a dick, so I screamed (whispered) that he could explain to the other manager why the favour was now void and I was walking. And then I couldn't make another sound for the rest of the night.

I fucking hate having to try and work with no voice. I'm meant to be in charge tomorrow night, but how the fuck is that going to work when I can't say shit? I took Friday off, and got a little bit of voice back, but then I had to work in the kitchen for about an hour last night, rather than backing tills or whatever, and my voice went halfway through. I was reduced to hand signals, which is kinda hard when you need your hands for the actual work.

I get laryngitis a lot, by the way. At least once a year. This is about the third time in 8 months now? The last time I lost it for a day, and then I was fine. This time, it's been 5 days and I've made zero progress. My doctor said it could take me three weeks to recover, but there's no way I can have that much time off. I'm meant to have my PR today, so I'll whisper at my boss as best as I can about this. My whole chest fucking hurts.

I have a theory why I do get it so often as well (sorry to jump back and forth so much), since they think TTP is an auto-immune disease, it means my immune system is crap, so as soon as I get one little infection, it turns into a huge viral monster. Someone on a support group on Facebook said they get their TTP from infections, so I guess I should count myself lucky that a slight cold blows up into bronchitis and laryngitis (and yes, the bronchitis is the cause of the laryngitis, lucky me) and not into a major medical emergency. Three weeks seems tiny compared to the months you need off to recover from TTP ...

No comments:

Post a Comment