Wednesday 10 July 2013

The boy

So, halfway through writing up the sporking yesterday, I got a call from my son's school. He's bitten a little girl, and he's being sent home and won't be back until Thursday.

I've had to ask my boss to leave my overnight early to take him in Thursday. Problem? I'm helping out another store. Spectacular timing, kiddo. If they say he can't go back Thursday, I'm screwed because I've got maybe 6 hours to sleep before going back into my store.

His reasons for hurting this little girl? "She said she wasn't my friend."

Well, you sealed the deal there, kid. His headteacher and I agreed that he should write an apology to her, but so far he thinks 'it's your fault because you said we're not friends' is acceptable. I've rephrased it ... he's being a pickle with his home-school work right now, while I try and set up my shifts for Thursday and Friday. Thank you again, kiddo.

My brain hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment