Wednesday 21 August 2013

A quick update

Hey, so ... I feel like I haven't been around lately, and that kinda sucks. I've been feeling really rough still. Like, my back hurts and my chest hurts and I went back to the doctor. She gave me more drugs and an inhaler for when I hyperventilate after coughing (because I have that shit going on) and I've puked after coughing a couple more times. The antibiotics and things really don't feel like they're doing anything. I can barely move.

But I have been trying to go to work as much as I can despite all the absolute pain. I even made my boy a birthday cake yesterday, a little early because he won't be able to have a cake on the plane when we go away ... but it took me seven hours and hurt like a bitch to mix the cake.

I'll show off now. I made a wheat-free Minion, from Despicable Me?


Yeah, I know the fondant work is a little crappy, I've not used it before, couldn't find the right colour so I had to mix a lot of gel colours into white fondant so it's a little over-worked. I cheated on the eyes, that's a mask ... and the hair is Mikado sticks, so it's not entirely wheat-free, but the sponge inside is.

Anyway, what do you expect from a girl who's spent a month suffering from bronchitis and all the complications it brings?

Also, I feel this backs up any claims I make about Sophie May in my review/sporking of Billy and Me. Which I will get back to, but I might only update next Sunday before I go away, and then not again until I'm back. We'll see.

I'm so going to enjoy Rome feeling this crap. We've booked a trek up Vesuvius as well, so yay for doing that when it takes me ten minutes to manage to get out of bed, and five to turn over in bed because I'm uncomfortable. I can't even mop the floor at work right now ... I am full of win.

No comments:

Post a Comment