Sunday 8 June 2014

Asylum series, part three: Sunday

Forgive me if I seem distracted, season seven is showing on TV right now. Dean's on trial with Osiris. He has guilt issues.

Anyway, so Sunday! We got there in time to pick up our pictures before going into the panel room for Misha and Jared's joint panel. I remember doing the conga on the way into the panel room? And somehow I ended up sitting next to Annie and her husband, who was rocking a kilt, which was pretty awesome. There were some schedule changes, and then Misha and Jared were late for their panel.

And then Misha showed … and Jared was still late. Misha fielded a couple of questions before Jared came in. Jared said Misha had promised to wait for him, turned around to do something, went back and Misha had already left … ha! They were so funny together, and at one point Jared ended up on the floor laughing his overgrown ass off, because two little girls had stepped up to the microphone and the older sister picked the little sister up and donked her head on the microphone. Jared wet himself! We also heard some of the ways Jared and Jensen torture Misha on a regular basis, including Jared randomly deciding to stow fish in Misha's car, and how they screwed with him so badly they got thrown out of their own show, just so Misha could film his parts. I love hearing about stuff like that, seeing how strong their bond is even if it sounds like they're tormenting each other. Some video evidence:



Link to Jared on the floor laughing because YouTube isn't playing ball

I went to the loo after their panel, and left my phone behind accidentally, klutz that I am. I went back to get it, and the girls in my row said they'd handed it in. And, okay, this used to be my lock screen:



I totally ship Destiel, did you not get that already? Well, anyway, after seeing the messages that came up when someone lost their wallet, I'm glad I changed my lock screen to this the night before:

(Fangirl moment! Me and Misha! Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh! Although, my arm looks weird in that picture)

Because when I went up to ask about it, they pressed the button, held it up to my face and asked if I was sure it was mine. Cheeky! But a lot better than reading jokey comments about the manip.

I think my first picture was  Misha and Jared's double photo, where Jared took the piss out of me (thanks, Jared!) but I got another hug from Misha, so win ;)

I got my morning autographs, from people like Ty Olsson, Osric Chau, AJ Buckley, Gabriel Tigerman, Adam Harrington … it was pretty awesome. I went back in the panel room and saw some of Misha's second solo panel, and I went straight from there to my picture with Seb Roche, and then I went to see Gabe and Tyler's panel, which Adam was in as well. Oh my God, the three of them were hysterical. And it was so cool to see three actors who had minor roles and see how the show influenced their lives, how accepted they were by the convention crowd. They were amazing!

I next caught some of Ty's panel, where he got choked up because he got on the subject of his kids, and he asked for Seb, so Seb invaded, being completely wrong and funny and destroying all good things like Disney. He also got this girl - who I've spoken to since and is amazing - called Rachel to sing Let It Go as he ran around the room. She was so good, we gave her a standing ovation. If you want to watch, I'm sure she won't mind me doing this:



I believe after that I queued for my Osric picture? Seb was a sweetheart, but oh my goodness, Osric! I asked for him to dip me, like in a cheesy romance sort of thing, and he was game for it, and we started to do it and then the photographer said something about we had to move over, so he kind of shuffled me along, still holding onto me. It wasn't good for my fangirl levels. I kinda hate that picture though, I wasn't ready when they took it and I have a major double chin. But Osric was such a sweetie … I gave him a thank-you hug as I walked off, I'm sure I pissed him off!

I went back to the vendor's room, talked to Amanda Tapping's foundation girls, spoke with Will for a bit, said hi to the Random Acts ladies and signed up to do a short video they were making, talking about kind acts. I talked about the people who had donated blood for me, and the fundraising I participated in now as a thank you. Those ladies are so sweet!

After that, I got my final few autographs, from Mark S, Misha, Seb and Tyler. I think Tyler was in that slot? Not remembering that too well, I remember deciding to buy his autograph and then going up to get it and realising he was flirting with his minder. I was like 'ohhhh, I'll leave you two alone then!' *big wink* he was so cool! And I gave Misha the pooping dinosaur books for West but my TTP brain was in full force by then and I messed up, telling him he could read them with Misha, tit that I am. He was clearly tired too by then, but I was going 'oh my god, sorry, West!' as he corrected me, but it was cool and he said West loved Christmas and poop so he was sure he'd enjoy them. Even if that wasn't true, I really appreciated the effort. Misha put in so much effort with all the fans.

Then it was time for the closing ceremony, and the last few minutes of Amanda's panel, and a quick run to get the Seb and Osric photographs before the long drive home. It was even longer because numbnuts here forgot to print return instructions and went all the way to Oxford before she corrected herself!

And that was the weekend, pretty much. I feel really hazy about the order of things from Sunday, for some reason? Also, those youtube videos are not mine, so if you want to claim them, let me know and I'll tag them, or remove them if that's what you want as well.

Next post will be about the coffee lounge, which will probably be muddled up because well, this is me ;) I hope you're ready for a full blast of Misha Fangirling!

No comments:

Post a Comment