Monday 23 June 2014

Routine apology thread

Sorry, like I said in my other post, I've felt a bit burnt out with writing lately. I still have half a recap sitting in drafts, still need to continue the Asylum posts, which I think I have about three more to cover? And I'm planning on another type of thread pattern soon.

Do I have any news from the last couple of weeks, since my last post? Well:

-I'm going to Asylum 13 and Asylum 14. I'm very excited to get to meet, among others, Jim Beaver, Matt Cohen, DJ Qualls, Gil McKenney and Richard Speight Junior.

-Sales are going well, but the air con on mens is broken. It is too damn hot to work in, I swear!

-I'll be doing GISHWHES this year, Misha's worldwide scavenger hunt. It's going to be crazy good. I should book the time off work …

-I've commissioned some artwork! A girl I met through the Asylum convention does these cute cartoons she calls Chibi Village and I've paid for her to draw some of my characters, so I have some kind of visual reference. I might post a picture when she's finished with them, but that's going to take a few weeks.

-Sarah-Jane and I went to see The Fault In Our Stars, based on the John Green book. She liked the book. I did not. But we both seemed okay about the film. More on that later ;)

-I got a few comments on one of my fanfics from this person, and I thought they were basically telling me my work was shit. So I messaged them saying I was sorry they didn't like it and gave the reasons why I wrote the thing in the first place and they messaged back saying no, it's funny, they've just promoted it on some group I've never heard of before, and that got me a few more comments and it was kind of cool chatting to them. I've got a message in my fan fiction inbox waiting right now, from them, should answer it but I'm tired, so it'll happen in the morning.

-I've been doing a paint-by-numbers. I know, that's lame, it's not a real skill, yadda yadda yadda. I find it relaxing, and it's nice to get the muscle memory going in my hands from being that type of creative. I miss making art, but I don't have the fire in my belly to improve the craft and lo, it's wilting terribly. I need to stop coming on the computer and spending forever writing 500 words like I am right now.

Hope you enjoyed that little update in my life! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, was wondering where you'd got to!

    ReplyDelete