Tuesday 29 July 2014

How on earth did I forget this?!

So, I don't think I've even mentioned this! God, what's wrong with me?

Okay, so a couple of months ago, someone from the Supernatural fandom world and I were talking, and she said she really wanted to go to Asylum 14 next May. And I offered to help her out, not by buying the ticket, but by doing something, finding some way of contributing. I would have just given her some of the cost of the ticket, but I knew she wouldn't be comfortable with that. She does Chibi drawings a lot, so we hammered it out until she agreed to draw some of my characters as a commission piece, and the money from that would go to her ticket. She got the ticket, and worked her butt off on the commission. Bless her, she was worried it was taking so long, but we'd gone into our summer sale at work and the days were flashing by and I honestly didn't notice when her imposed time limit was gone. She kept saying sorry, but honestly, the most important thing for me was that she was going to be able to enjoy herself (coincidentally, the woman I'm sharing a room with at Asylum 13 offered to help someone else, and got refused. Which is fair enough, money makes people weird, but then the same person kept moaning she couldn't afford a ticket, and then they all sold out and she didn't have one and it's like, dude, you had a brilliant opportunity to go!)

Anyway, she sent me the final product a few weeks ago. I love it! There's a few things I didn't expect (like Carter's shirt is bright for him. Must've been baseball day, haha!) but I love what she's done. Especially with Lambrini, since I can never quite picture her (although my friend Holly sent me a picture of a character from Waterloo Road, and she comes close) so now I have some kind of visual representation to refer back to.

Wanna see the picture?:


If you haven't read my stuff, they're probably just cartoons to you. But this is the two main characters, and their friends (at least, the ones dominant in the first four/five books) and it took me ages to work out who I'd want a picture of. Can you imagine if I'd asked for Carter's entire family? She'd still be working on it, for sure!

I need to get off my butt and carry on writing it, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment