Thursday 28 March 2013

Essex Girls

I bought a book today, in the "local books" section of our nearby supermarket (that shop has pretty much everything. Cinnamon buns, junior mints, apple jacks, haribo ... and rude staff. But also, self-serve so screw them) that's called "Essex Girls". It's not one of those trashy books where people write about the Sugar Hut and Essex live they've lived TOWIE (no one I know would go anywhere near that cattle market), instead it's about famous women in history who're from Essex or lived in Essex. Like Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth I. Like Boudicca.

I haven't read it yet, but it's full of how while the rest of the world repressed women, Essex women were too busy being kick-ass and owning land and ruling a good chunk of the world. Totally going to be an empowering book, and I will blab on about it later, once I've read it. If I ever force myself to the end of the Scarlet Letter (I don't understand, it's a decent book with a good message, why can I not commit to this book?) ... it's short right, what the hell is my problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment