Sunday 24 March 2013

It's maybe a little bit of a girl crush.

I totally stole this from Jenny's blog *I live there, thanks for asking* but I kinda like it. It's like an author's chain letter without the threat of some dead girl sucking my brains out if I don't pass it on. I think she must be the ghost of the ISP or something, to know where I am or which of my many siblings must have read her story and not blasted everyone I know with it. I digress:

The Rules:

Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript

Go to line 7

Post on your blog or Facebook page the next 7 lines, or sentences, as they are – no cheating

Tag 7 other authors to do the same.

And here are my seven lines:
 
'So, nice quiet day without Fearn?' Thomas checked as we sauntered along.
'Guys, don't be mean,' Becki protested, turning to give me the stink eye like I'd said it or something. 'She's new and she's probably scared. You could try being nice. She should sit with us at lunch.'
'Isn't that like eating with wallpaper paste? Same personality.' I shrugged. Her mouth gaped open as I pushed through into the Chem lab. Fearn had pulled the new girl into the seat next to her, now gabbing about cheerleaders. She caught my eye as I passed, and I thought I saw a little spark there. Like she's trying not to laugh about how forward Fearn is and I'm somehow in on the joke with her.
So, there you go. Extra points if you can tell, without having previously read, who that narrator might be. And I don't mean names, because obviously the narrator hasn't been given, but age, gender, race ... I'm interested to know. Thankfully, it's only an excerpt that needs minimal editing, as far as I can see from that. Also, I only know a few people who write either as a hobby or for fun, so I won't pass it along, just share it with you.
 
Thanks Jenny, you just keep on giving ;)
 
 
**disclaimer: extra points work like ManPoints, there are no prizes for guessing correctly**

No comments:

Post a Comment