Friday 25 October 2013

Random general update.

I haven't posted on here in a while, I'm so sorry! I've been learning my new job and trying not to let my head explode with old politics ...

... but I love this new job. I mean, I've been told that won't last, but I don't feel tired, I don't feel sick, yeah my feet are getting used to the shoes so they're a little bit sore, but I get more annoyed by papercuts than that feeling. The other staff seem so lovely, and the job kinda has all the stuff that got left out of my old job that I resented it for. Things like how impersonal it can be to serve customers, because you couldn't chat when you had twenty people queuing behind even if you totally loved a customer's dress.

I mean, I still have things to learn, but I've only done like, three shifts. Give me a break!

As for the old job *sighes* we're not going to talk about that so much. I only really ... my mum's driving me fucking mental over it. Over the length of notice I'm meant to give. It's a week, but I always believed it was two weeks, so that's what I gave. My boss tried telling me it was a week for every year I'd worked (if they were firing me for no real reason, they would have to give me that) and then he changed it to a month. I mean, I knew what he was doing. Not going into that. My mum on the other hand, has decided to be a fucking crusader about it. She made me look at the handbook online (which is how I know it's a week) and then she spent, I wish I was kidding, two hours researching notice periods. I told her how it doesn't fucking matter, but No, Siobhan, No, we must google, in case they sue you.

Yeah. That's the woman who created me, people.

She asked if she should ask her friend, who works for another franchise nearby. I said no, because different franchises and store-owned branches may have different terms. So this morning, she and her friend are driving a couple counties away for work, they stop in a McDonald's, and she fucking asked them. So apparently, it doesn't matter if I vomit out words because my mother is mental. I'm going to sound really juvenile and undermine myself and say - I'm never speaking to her again. Because she is clearly just adding to the fucking headache.

Oh and as a sidenote - I haven't given up on the Billy and Me chapters. It's just that chapter 22 is so difficult to analyse, it's going to take me a while. Soz.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, the woman is cray-cray, she woke me up to be a bitch. So unbelievably mad at her right now, I don't think I have the capacity on my vocabulary to express it. The closest I can get is that she is currently the Curtis to my Carter. Grrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete