Saturday 26 April 2014

Radio Silence

So for my lack of obsessive updates. It's not been intentional. I've been poor all around on my writing lately. Again, not intentional. It's just something that happens with me, I write in cycles. And when I can't write as easily, I read. When I can't concentrate on books, I write. I'm in a weird place where I haven't done much of either, which are the moments I hate.

Maybe it's because I've been so active, which is a little counter-productive, because the more I physically do, the less I can physically and mentally do. Like, I went to see McBusted on Monday - which was amazing, by the way - and had a couple of drinks as a treat. I slept in the car on the way home, even though, bless her, Charli had barely slept the night before and was driving. I felt guilty as hell for that. And then I slept when I got home, and I still have a headache from the drinking. Seriously, I had a strongbow, half a strawberry Brothers and a Disaronno and coke, not enough to even begin to get drunk, let alone have a hangover, and yet it still hurts. Which has hampered my attempts to write or exercise and I may have gained a couple of pounds doing it. I've been thinking for a long time that I need to cut drinking out completely, but I drink so rarely anyway that I always think it can't be so bad the few times I try it. I'm not drinking at the convention, or I'll ruin it for myself.

At least I'm storyboarding in my head when I'm fatigued and useless. At least I'm still functioning for work. Just have to get my ideas down, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment