Saturday 20 April 2013

A solution?

I'm going to talk to my boss in the next week about reducing my work days to 4 instead of 5.

It's not much, but those 24 hours would make a huge difference for me.

The only crappy part is that I have another three night shifts, a night off (which I've agreed to do a quiz thing on) two more night shifts and an evening shift before I'd be able to talk about it properly.

Speaking of which, I'm officially halfway through my overnight marathon! And I've gone home pretty early every single day so far (especially at the other store, I didn't leave 40 minutes before my finish time ;) ) which is a huge help. I probably won't be blogging for another week as I'll be completely out of it and rambling utter crap until then, but I'll miss you, readers and spambots. If you end up missing me too, a nice little message goes a long way with my ego ;)

Until then, night night!

P.S. I won't just be working and sleeping. My awesome friend Lydia is writing a distopian novel, so I'll be reading and thinking and having it warp more dreams of mine where my characters are in her Island world before giving her some feedback. Again, that probably won't be for a week. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. This is my third attempt at commenting on this post... Exactly why I don't do phone-train things. Here goes...
    I really think cutting down your hours will help you out, it'll just give you that little bit extra re-coup time.
    Seeing as I take forever to reply, I'm sure I can let you off, although I will miss you... A lot! Because you're awesome too! ;)
    Lydia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have a little trouble on my phone sometimes. I have a blogger app but to post I need to use the browser :/

    I really like your story so far, and I'm really sorry for my rambling email this morning. I'm actually going loopy from lack of sleep now, we have the hairy bikers on right now and they're cooking Hoggit. Guess what I misheard that as (clue, I'm halfway through The Lord of the Rings). Anyway, I wanna go to the 5 point Island! That's where the party's at!

    ReplyDelete