Friday 19 April 2013

Becki

So, this will be a short, and probably nonsensical post, but I want to do it anyway.

If you read my other blog, that is serialising my story until I can afford the time to get my act together and self-publish/mail it out to book agents ( which you can find here) then this will make a little more sense to you.

See, I'm actually about halfway through writing the second book in the series, and two of my friends have read almost about as far as I've written, and I find it really funny that they've both said the same thing about one of my characters, Becki (hence the title).

Becki is kind of the characterisation of every awesome girl I've ever known; the girls at my high school who would never bitch about a person and spent their times helping others, the friends who have always given amazing advice, or just a shoulder to cry on. Those girls you meet who get on with everyone and when you first meet them you wonder how they manage it but they're just so nice that they kind of make you think you're a horrible person because you show your negative feelings way more. They make you want to be better, you know the type?

Anyway, they have both said the same thing about Becki's love life and it makes me feel a little bad, because yes this has crossed my mind, but not in the way they have both suggested (if you have been reading it, and you're not Sammie or Lydia ... Becki and Carter, they've both tried to set them up now) and I think I'm going to upset them when the time comes where that may be a possibility. So sorry. I'm sorry you won't like where I take it. And since Lydia was asking about when ... it's the 4th/5th story in my head when that happens. So a looooooong time from now.

And if you're reading this blog and not caring much for my actual writing, sorry. But I'm sure you'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment