Monday 9 December 2013

F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I've only ever read one of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books - The Great Gatsby - but increasingly at the moment, I'm finding quotes of his on Facebook that suit my story perfectly. I want to put in a suitable quote of his for every book, but I think there's like, royalty problems with that.

Do you want to read some of the quotes I'm finding and matching to my story? Hopefully without giving too much away?

"I love her, and that is the beginning and end of everything."

"When I first met her I knew in a moment I would have to spend the next few days re-arranging my mind so there'd be room for her to stay."

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

"Loved you yesterday. Love you still. Always have. Always will."

"I wish I had done everything on earth with you."

“Suddenly she realized that what she was regretting was not the lost past but the lost future, not what had not been but what would never be.”

"And in the end we were all just humans … drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

… I think I need to read more of F. Scott Fitzgerald's work … and I haven't included all of the quotes I like, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment