Sunday 8 December 2013

so annoyed

So, my son has homework for the entire term, rather than every week like he's had the last two years. This terms project is his family tree, which is a bit harsh for a six-year-old to deal with. It's not just the tree mapping, it's looking into history and at key people in his life, real in depth stuff.

My mum keeps waiting until I'm getting ready for a long shift at the weekend to bring it up, and decided today she would help him. I wish she never had. He's written about making photos on the iPad and his latest toy. I don't remember being related to either of those. His handwriting is god awful. They did this before I woke up today, and let me sleep until the time I wanted to leave so it was a brilliant wake up call.

I'm giving up my lunch break to buy him a new book and making him do it properly, though god knows when I'll get the time. I'm going to basically write it for him to copy, otherwise he'll never get it done.

And if you're wondering why it's been all term and he's just starting now - we have a complicated family of which I know about a quarter of. His dad doesn't speak to me and my dad bailed so... It makes for a difficult project.

Still, I'm so mad that this is what I woke up to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment