Friday 21 February 2014

An idea

So, I follow a few blogs, not many, but a few. I've mentioned some as I go along, but how do you feel about learning about the blogs? They're an influence on my life, after all. I'm not sure if I'd do blogger interviews or just explain why I read the blogs. Blogger interviews are everywhere.

I also want to change the design of this blog, but I don't know that sort of thing well. Any suggestions of how to go about it? I have a couple of ideas.

And I am doing the next episode of Supernatural, but I've been editing Uprooted, and it's slow-going because my concentration is wrecked and I came across the section where Carter saw the car accident when I was learning about my nanny's post mortem (brainstem/pontine haemorrhage. 80% fatality. I still blame myself. Unrelated, but she also had a weak heart and bronchial pneumonia, which I was worrying I had a few months ago so I know how bad that was. She blew it off as nothing and sucked a few hard-boiled sweets instead of getting some advice) that was hard to read through. I line edited, I couldn't properly edit that scene. Although as I read it, and Carter was explaining some of his feelings, I had a weird moment where I agreed with what he was saying, and then I had to remind myself that it came from me in the first place?

Still, I've deleted one major scene, I'm debating about the quality of about 30 pages worth which may go through a complete rewrite because they ruin the pace (but the content is part of the main overall plot, so I can't just scrap it) and I've done a lot of line editing, considering I hate it. I'm twelve pages away from finishing it and sending it to another couple of writers I know, with notes on how much I hate those 30 pages but they're staying for when I'm not a completed mentoid.

But it's not all bad news for Uprooted. Every now and then I found myself just reading, not scrutinising, so I'd like to believe those are my strong points? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment