Friday 21 February 2014

Interesting.

Do you remember this post? I looked over it today and felt really pleased with myself. Why? Because:

1. Buy a bike, and practice riding. Purely so I don't screw myself over at the TTP fundraiser again this year! My bike is on order and coming in the next couple of days. My friend Lydia got me to sign up to Herbalife, because I don't like having a stomach, and one of my goals is to ride for 20 minutes, three times a week. Chloe's 3-speed bike is not adequate, especially when it comes to the TTP bike ride fundraiser. So half a tick.

2. Edit uprooted. Publish if I can. Half a tick again, since I'm almost done with my edit. And yes, I'm taking the wonderful advice I received on the Uprooted blog and when I publish, I will be sure to credit each and every wonderful person. No one book is ever the efforts of one person.

3. Finish departed. Check! God, I am going to fucking hate editing that one.

4. Finish reunited. Check! And I look forward to editing this one.

5. Plan the next four books properly. Book four planned. Five, six and seven left to do. Seven is the one that concerns me most for content. Four, five and six are going to be massive at the moment.

6. Finish my other writing projects (sporkings and fanfics). Finished sporking Billy and Me, check. Finished Sammy (Supernatural fanfic 1) - no. Forgot the plot. Wrote it in my diary. Lost my diary. I could wrap it up in one chapter. Potential to finish in a week. Finished Cassandra Teal (Supernatural fanfic 2. Destiel) almost - one more chapter. Finished Gank The Teacher (Supernatural fanfic 3) … let's not talk about that. I have a few scenes for it, but it's so low down on my list of priorities, and no one really read it. Also, since that, I started The Road So Far (Supernatural fanfic 4) but that's a series of drabbles with no definitive ending, so I can cheat with that one. That's the window always open.

7. Finish reading The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I left them at the Ents. I got past the Ents! They trapped Saruman in that tower and I left them there. That's probably the same chapter. It's not that the story bores me, but my attention-span is not good for the series right now. Still, I have 10 months to finish the Two Towers and read all of the Return of the King.

8. Stop buying shit I don't need (this is the first one I'll break). I broke this one.

9. Reply to emails, texts and messages, since I'm shit at that (or this one, I might break this one really quickly). You know what it is? Something will ping up and I'll read it and think 'I have no time to answer now, I'll do it later, that'll give me time to think up a response' and then I'll get sidetracked. Yeah, this got broken too.

10. Be more organised in general. I hate me sometimes.

So, there we go. I've finished two, four more are in the works, the other one I need to motivate myself for more, and there are three failed. Three I was always going to fail. But two completed by mid February? Not bad, considering there's been so much going on for me in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment