Sunday 26 January 2014

More unnecessary internal dilemmas.

Warning: I may spoil the entire premise of my series. You may want to stop reading now. Don't blame me if you've read what I've written so far and then it's all spoiled.

Because I'm slowly getting concerned with the trajectory of my story. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am bang on course for how I envisioned it. It's all going to plan, they're all doing what they're meant to be doing.

I'm worried that it's not the right storyline. For the masses I mean.

Let me explain, a lot of programmes and books I love have fans who 'ship' characters. Like, I'm a big Destiel shipper. There are equally a lot of people who hate the idea of shipping, because 'why do people have to be attracted to each other when they're friends?' So now I'm thinking about the issues I have within my story, how it pans out, what the reactions will be when what happens does happen. Like, Sammie is really vocal about this whole thing when I send her chapters. I have no idea which way she'll react when I get to a certain point.

I mean, I'm not changing it, you write for yourself first and foremost. But the friendship vs romance thing is going to be something I continually worry about as I write. I just hope people realise that I've been aiming for this direction from the start. I hope they understand my intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment