Friday 3 January 2014

positivity

I always seem to moan on this blog, and on my twitter, which is weird because I feel like a pretty positive person. So here is a list of things that I love, that make me happy in weird little ways:

Double stuff oreos - visiting Wat Tyler's Country Park and sitting by the marshes, away from the play park - when a song I like plays on the radio - sharing in-jokes with friends - reading a new book, by a new author, and falling in love - spotting old characters in a new Sarah Dessen book - checking things off lists - organising things - dying my hair - the feel of fresh clothes after a good shower - how light my hair feels when it's straightened - the moments my son speaks and he sounds like me - hugs - butterflies - cupcakes - wisteria - Supernatural - Sherlock - Dr Who - customers who treat you like a person, and invite you into their lives a little - the way the sun looks across the marshes sometimes on my drive to work - driving in the sun, full stop - the dopey look on Noah's face when you stroke his nose - when I can't stop writing even though my computer's rubbing on my arms and my eyes are closing - finding something you thought you'd lost - when an old friend talks to you, and it's like no time has passed - cheetos - a good soup - Harry Potter - roast potatoes - sweet potatoes - seeing my best friends - London - New York - Florida - Disney - Disney Princesses - doing my son's lego for him - Barbie dolls - the colour red - my old Hama beads - doing paint-by-numbers - listening to an old song you haven't heard for a while - completing jigsaw puzzles.

To name but a few ...

No comments:

Post a Comment