Tuesday 11 June 2013

Giving back

So, on Sunday I demanded to finish work early (I left half hour late, thanks for the understanding!) and did a seven mile bike ride around Richmond Park for the TTP unit who saved my life. Then slept for six hours, and went back to work, another three hours sleep, and another shift (Yep, I finished at 8am yesterday, and was due back at 5, but I had to wash my uniform as well so win). I ache like a bitch.

And because of that achiness, because the bike I was using had dud gears and I had to walk up each incline (there were many) I am full out whoring my donation page.

http://www.justgiving.com/Siobhan-Collier1

I know I'm well above my target, and the minimum per rider, but:

-each machine they have for plasma pheresis costs £600,000
-each treatment for TTP is around £15,000
-£75 is not a lot in comparison for how much was spent on me in the course of a fortnight.

At least I have an awesome purple T-shirt (no, you can't have it Jodie) ... my boy also got one, since they had spare, but they only had spare medium so ... he has a purple dress.

I may or may not whore out their website when the pictures go up. No, I will not point out who I am, although tags may do that for me. Was cool meeting the woman who basically saved my life again, that's a surreal moment right there (I do mean the doctor, who's also like, the lead researcher of TTP in the country, so yeah, she's saved a few lives!)

No comments:

Post a Comment