Saturday 22 June 2013

N'awwwwwh

So, someone put this picture up on my facebook, and I liked it enough that I reposted, and then thought 'no, I need to rant at this, even though I'm on the overnight bodyclock and I have 15 minutes until bedtime'. So here I am. And here's the picture:


Personally, I'm a bit of a royalist. I love that even in this day and age, our monarchy has such an impact on tourism, other countries, our perception of our heritage. But I'm not debating how awesome the Queen is.

That's Elizabeth and Philip soon after they met, and again recently. In a relationship that's spanned so many decades, they still look at each other like that. And you can say it's staged or whatever so they're in the same poses, but look at their eyes, their smiles. You can't fake emotions like that.

That's what I want. Okay, it may take me years to find someone I can tolerate who can tolerate me, and allow that to grow to love, but to grow old with a person? To still love them despite your wrinkles and grey hair and saggy bits and liver spots and all? Who wouldn't want what they have?

Years from now, maybe even centuries, maybe when we no longer have a Queen, or King ... I think this will be the best love story of the British monarchy. And one of the best love stories, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment