Friday 8 November 2013

NaNoWriMo again

It's officially been 7 days of writing, I've hit the 10,000 word mark today (someone's managed 35,000? Crazy times! Although, I think he's retired) and Essex is ranked the 100th of 450 regions in terms of word count.

That's why I even created a girl like Lambrini, dammit. There is so much to the people from Essex beyond the stereotypes, and there's so much to be proud of. Even if it can be hard to see some times.

And Sarah, a girl I knew from way back when (our brothers were BFFs at one point growing up, and although she's closer to my sister's age, sometimes her mum would look after me and my brother and she and I would hang out. We used to do a lot of the same things as well, like guides and whatnot. We even did a couple of variety shows together) linked me in to a facebook page for Essex NaNo writers. OMFG, I love the people on there! They're so funny, and smart, and supportive - where have these people been all my life? I get a tonne of updates from the group too, so there's always something to talk about and respond to. Everyone has their own style of posting, but it's almost like a glimpse into the way they write too.

I got talking to one girl, especially tonight, and her male character, Eli, sounds an awful lot like Carter, we were joking about that. Personally, I think her Eli would wipe the floor with Carter, although Carter would bait him like crazy when he wouldn't shut up with the insults. Anyway, so I friended her, and I think she's got my aunt on her facebook? Freaking small world man, that aunt lives in Australia! She also has my old boss on her facebook. So now I'm like ... have I met this girl before? But I don't recognise her ... but she's all kinds of awesome ... so I would, wouldn't I?

I stand corrected, I just don't know how to use Facebook, apparently. Other suggestions ... that's actually really annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment