Tuesday 5 November 2013

That's ... unexpected

I bumped into someone from my old work yesterday morning. I'd sort of been dreading bumping into her, as much as I get along with her, because she has a habit of talking. Like, talking. Like, if I was to say 'how are you?' to someone else, they'd probably go 'oh, good thanks, you?' like most people would. But this lady would be like 'I'm pretty good, I just dropped my daughter off in class and I was talking to the other parents and blah-blah-blah' *my eyes glaze over and I just about follow, thinking 'I should've stuck to 'hey', although 'hey' would have probably led to this in depth knowledge about her entire day*

So you could imagine that the topic of me leaving wouldn't just be 'hey, you left?' 'yeah' 'okay' but an in depth interrogation. Seriously, she could learn to waterboard people. I really didn't feel like getting some major bollocking at nine in the morning, but it was actually pretty cool. Like, instead of 'you screwed us over' which I was expecting (the management team's looking a little skinny right now) she was pretty much like 'I'm jealous, I need a new job'.

Which was the reaction I got when people heard I was leaving, everyone was really supportive. Crazy. I want them all to find better jobs. Except the sexual-harassment guy, he can shove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment