Saturday 2 November 2013

NaNoWriMo progress

So, I didn't even start my NaNoWriMo until 9.30 last night, and I've been writing for about two hours this morning, but I've done 3,024 words so far! Which actually, isn't as bad as some people. And one guy is apparently trying to write the entire 50,000 words in one day? Yeah, good luck with that, 10,000 is the best I've ever heard of anyone writing in a day.

Anyway, I already use Jenny Trout's word count tracker, because it's like a year-long tracker which helps you follow a few writing projects at a time, and I forgot my NaNoWriMo password so I had to reset that this morning. I used the yearly tracker to record last night's writing, but when I tried to enter it for yesterday my count came up as a minus number? So now I've had to put last night and today's writing as today on the site, so that's well out of sync. Oh, well. I won't be writing the entire novel for NaNoWriMo, because they set the limit at 50,000 words and Uprooted was 110, 000; Departed is about 70, 000 at the moment. Overall, I've done 6,700 words for Reunited, and I've barely gone anywhere with it yet. Still, getting a good chunk of it done in a month? What's not to love about that kind of motivation?

I want to get on with my Supernatural fanfic too, but I have a nine-hour shift to go to, and a boy to get ready for my sister ... and I guess I should get dressed too, since I don't think I can work in my pyjamas?

No comments:

Post a Comment