Friday 15 November 2013

Wow I haven't posted in a while!

What can I say? I've been ploughing on with reunited (and the first people to be reunited in the story are, huzzah!) and doing a few fan fics, caning it at work, talking to people, getting excited for mcbusted, seeing my boy ... Life is good right now.

And although sleep is still an issue for me, I'm feeling good. I've just worked six days in a row, and it doesn't feel like it. I'm in such a weird headspace with it right now, it feels like this place where I go and talk to awesome people and fall in love with shoes and play shoe box jenga, rather than being work. So I feel like I haven't had a job for a month, because no way is work this fun, right? And then I've had a long wait between pay days - about five weeks? Yeah, in my head, I haven't earned much, and my overdraft is starting to protest ... But I have been earning. I'll get paid soon. It doesn't compute.

When I say leaving McDonalds is like leaving a long-term abusive relationship, this is the sort of shit I mean. I used to work my ass off in that place for maybe £1.40 more an hour than I'm getting now, just to be asked 'do you think you're worth the money we're spending on you' and now I'm happy, and enjoying life, and I still get a pay check? Freaking crazy!

The only real cloud is that I think my car has issues. When I go into fourth it feels like something's dragging, and my petrol gauge is dropping ridiculously fast, but that might be because I'm used to only going round the corner and back and filling up once a month, rather than one every 10 days or so. Still, when I drive fast, the car heats up and smells of petrol, so ... Worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment