Saturday 15 March 2014

Blast from the past

So, I was updating my Facebook profile with the new url for this blog, and I found a nice surprise.

http://zeebee-bloggingabout.blogspot.co.uk
http://zeebee-booksbooksbooks.blogspot.co.uk
http://zeebee-whatdidhesay.blogspot.co.uk

My old blogs! i just read through the last one, which is the stupid things my son used to say when he was three. I am dying all over again! It's missing later moments such as:

*parking up the car for school, just after I passed the test and bought the car. He had just turned five, and uses phonetics at school*

him: Look Mummy, a 'luh' car *points to a car with the learner 'L' plates*
me: That's right, because they're learning to drive. And Mummy has 'puh' plates because she just passed her test.
him: Transformers should have 'tuh' plates.
me: *starting to laugh* Yes! So you can tell the car in front might turn into a robot?
him: Or back into a car.


*Noah knows what he wants from his body*

him: Mummy, do girls like it when boys have bumps on their tummy and big bits here *gestures like he has broad shoulders* and a triangle here *gestures to his crotch* and no tops on?
me: *fighting laughter* Some girls do.
him: Okay! *whips off his top*


*He got a kindle fire for his sixth birthday, when we took a trip to Rome. This follows months of him stealing my iPod, and my parents, and an incident where he broke my dad's iPad by jumping on it on the sofa. Accidentally, he was mid-game and got excited. This happened recently, so he's had the thing for a while. He's seen my sister playing minecraft and nagged me until I downloaded it for him*

him: Mummy, if you mix lava and water, do you get obsidan?
me: Do you mean obsidian?
him: Yeah!

*I didn't find out the minecraft connection until this went on Facebook. Jenny Trout has said before that her son will come out with things that seem really intelligent and then she realises he's getting it from minecraft. Know what you mean now, Jenny!*

… anyway, happy reading, should you choose to do so! The first link was the main blog, and the second was book reviews I did. My reviews always assume that if you're reading them then you've already read the book, so sorry if they make little sense! And also, sorry I have a "subversive" taste in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment