Thursday 6 March 2014

March/April/May challenge.

Okay, lets start of by not even acknowledging my February challenge. By preparing for my three-month challenge, I totally wrecked my February one. My bike cost £100. My meal plan cost more. Let's just … I owe a lot of donations now. Let's leave it at that, and me thinking of how I could raise those funds. It's in a fundraiser box, of sorts, after I go to Asylum12.

Anyway, my three-month challenge is Herbalife! Lydia is controlling another facet of my life, haha (she put it as 'I own you' and, well, yes. Pretty much) as she's the person hooking me up with Herbalife. I've been wanting to go back to my pre-pregnancy, pre-sickness body forever. There's an abundance of excuses as to why I haven't, but I'm feeling really positive about this. It's a way of changing the way you think about food, and honestly, from the diet I needed before my gallbladder surgery, I wish I'd had it then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed with being skinny. I'm not craving the idea of being size zero. It's a little more psychosomatic than that. It's like I link my body shape with my mental health. If I can go back to being comfortable with my weight, maybe I can go back to feeling confident in my mental agility? Maybe I won't feel so defeated by seemingly easy problems that occur that I just cannot process through anymore.

I don't think it's a magic solution, not at all, but diet is linked to TTP, and lacking a gallbladder. I should be avoiding fatty foods, I should be avoiding gluten-heavy foods, because even my wheat intolerance is linked to TTP. It's going to snap me out of the pity-party. It's not about being skinny, it's about being healthy, and comfortable, and not skipping meals to stuff my face at 9pm when I realise I've gone the whole day without anything.

I need to take photos as I go along, every month. It's day six, so I've already shifted some tub, in theory (or at least, I'm not bloated from eating wheat-based foods like I normally do, intolerance be damned) but I'll put my progress on here. Ignore all the crap in the sides of the picture, it's our recycling unit, and tea towel rack.


My sister cut my head off. Check out the awesome Harry Potter shirt though ;) and the gut below it. And the muffin top. Ugh. I'm glad she cut my face off.

Guess there'll be another one in a month's time where I should have lost some stomach, kept some boobs, and maybe have a head.

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you!! You're gonna be AWESOME!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Zee!

    I am 2 days into giving up chocolate for lent (I really have a problem with choc, and I eat it so fast, I don't even enjoy it). I have already been dreaming about eating it though. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Good luck with giving it up for lent! The first few days are awful, but it will get better. I'm more of a fruit-sweet girl, but the tea herbalife sell tastes like liquid jelly babies ;)

    Was bad on day 2/3 when I got a really bad headache and wanted chocolate to take it away, but I'm over that for now. I want water instead! Tried slimming world before, but this feels like it works for me, I get the system (and I don't have to mess around with syn points. Effort.)

    ReplyDelete