Tuesday 11 March 2014

Good news, bad news.

So, I changed my blog URL, and I did put it out there, but in hindsight, maybe I should have given it some prep time and announced the URL I was going for, because my viewer counter has stalled. Give me a heads up if you can still see it?!

That's the bad news, by the way. I got an early morning text from Lydia demanding to know just what could have happened to make me stop blogging. Um, nothing, I like the sound of my own voice too much, writing-wise at least.

The good news ... well, it doesn't make up for a stupid move like the above, but I've been reading through my nano story for the first time since November, and although there are hideous typos and things I could make clearer, I'm enjoying reading it. That has to be a good sign, right? That I can read and enjoy, so hopefully others would? I'm not saying it doesn't need work, it does, but Reunited doesn't fill me with dread like Departed does. I think the second book might need a total rewrite. I'll use Sarah-Jane's advice and double-window scrivener to look through and do so. The basic plot is okay, but I need to take out some whining and add in some bigger clues for Reunited.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I didn't really think about it, and thought the updates would still appear on my Blogger dashboard, but they didn't, I had to add the new URL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! I really should have thought that through better.

    ReplyDelete