Sunday 30 March 2014

I'm still alive

I am still writing in this thing! I have a couple of draft posts saved, they'll be up soonish! I've worked every day but one this week (thanks, Lydia!) and I probably will be taking on more shifts whenever they come up, Noah care permitting, because I'm trying to save enough for Asylum.

And it's hard. There's some Steve Madden boots and sandals, and a pair of Dune wedges that keep trying to have eye-sex with me. But the £95 that the boots would cost, and the £40-something the sandals would cost, and the £30-something the wedges would cost (on my discount, anyway) would amount to Jared's photo op and autograph, and Misha's photo op. So I have to resist the pretty shoes. But damn, they're fine!

It's less than 50 days until the convention! Three weeks until mcbusted! Two months until Katy Perry! So excited about life right now. Also, I've almost finished one more fan fiction, I've got a sequel to it (well, third in a trilogy of short stories) to write, and Camp NaNo starts in two days, so time to rejoin Carter and Lambrini for their Senior year. Lydia and Sammie will be getting it as I complete 10,000 words again, you poor suckers! That really motivated me in November's NaNo.

And it's mother's day today. Boy gave me a guitar spatula from Menkind. Thanks? He said he picked it because I like rock music (yeah, I'm looking at the Katy Perry mention too) so the thought was there. Got my mum some burberry perfume and moisturiser. We're taking her for a meal in Maldon at five thirty, so I have to work out how to get there from Lakeside in about fifteen minutes (my sisters know I'll be late!) I think it's more like a forty minute journey? I'll be in Maldon again in a few weeks for Sarah Banham's book launch. It's the first one I've attended, and I think Sarah-Jane and Gerald will be there too, so it'll be like a mini NaNo meet up.

God, do you remember when I worked at McDonald's and I'd moan about everything because my life was ruled by greasy food and buttmunches? Life is so exciting right now!

**edit** I have actually had a really shitty mother's day. Didn't know where else to vent. Don't really want to vent too much. Just, my siblings and I work hard on mother's day, but then when it comes to stuff from Noah my parents are so half-assed about it. I've been going non-stop today, got Noah home, and then when I'm tired my dad acts like a prick and opts out of giving me some time to rest so he can watch a shitty police show. Whatever. I'm so over birthdays and days like today where there's so little effort that it's more insulting than no effort. I'm not getting up tomorrow morning, he can sort his own shit out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment