Wednesday 12 March 2014

Professional blogging.

Don't worry, I'm not going to start sponsoring this blog or anything. A lot of what I write is too trivial for that.

It's something Carla Louise mentioned on how to use social media as a marketing tool for promoting your work, she recommended leaving the personal stuff out of your professional blog and vice versa. Same with things like twitter. She said as well that you don't want to be just 'buy my book, buy my book' and it's a fine line to tread otherwise, but …

… look, as wonderful advice as it is, I'm not going to do it. Call me a hack, or unprofessional. But the way I see it, when people read Uprooted, whoever they are? I want them to realise that writers are just every day people too, except that writing is our passion. That maybe I'm a little like this character or that character, or not like them at all. Maybe I would change my mind if I was one of the popular reads, like Rowling, James, Meyer, Green, Adams, Martin … but until then, you all luck out with warts-and-all.

You may call me a mug, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment